29.7.12

Lifesaver

In an earlier dream I remember seeing someone flick open a pen knife and walk towards somebody from behind, so I went over and pushed it out of their hand.

In this morning's dream I was on a yacht with Hayley and some others. We were in the middle of the sea and I was drunk. Hayley told me how nice the water was and I jumped in even though I was far too drunk to swim. I was underwater trying to breathe then I decided if I stopped moving I'd simply float to the top. It took a few seconds but my face gradually broke through the surface of the water. Even though I was drunk I thought it was clever.

A man on the boat was taking dinner orders. I liked the sound of what Hayley ordered. I was staring at the sky. It was half bright orange and half navy blue, with a crisp, perfect line across the middle. Then I found myself under the water again. I think I had fallen asleep because then I remember being back above the water thinking 'what just happened?'. Nobody seemed to realise I'd just fallen asleep and dropped underwater, they were all shouting at me for my order. I wanted the same as Hayley but with a side of oranges. The man said if I have oranges then he gives me half of the chips and I don't get a knife. I climbed back up onto the boat to find the menu to ask him where it says that and suddenly the menu in my hands was different to the one I had been looking at.

I think I dreamt this because I was thinking about a friend's birthday yacht plans in bed last night.