20.7.13

Good Times, Bad Times

I was out in the Mini with David. We stopped near a wide river on a late summer evening. Some people were camping around the corner but other than their tent in the distance we were alone. I noticed a huge fish swim by. It was the size of a dolphin. Then another, then another. All of a sudden we looked up and there was hundreds of them gathered across the river in front of us. Very big, dark blue/gray, whale-like things.

I turned around and it was daylight.

I was stood by the car talking to some other people parked in the spaces near the river. All of a sudden I decided to check to see if the car was on double yellow lines. Under the ivy that was growing near the car I saw double yellows. I looked up and there was a young traffic warden, he looked like a cross between Joe Fulford from school and Connor from work. I got in the car to move it and he explained that he would still have to give me a parking ticket. David was shouting "just drive away he can't ticket you" but I decided to roll the car back a little and talk my way out of the ticket. While I was talking to him the car continued to roll back a bit and I had to keep adjusting the handbrake. I was worried it was a distraction from my story about knowing people that look like him.

There could be no clearer portrayal of my depression since David left England on Thursday.