2.6.13

6 weeks after M&S, Madonna now works at Tesco...

I was at work and a customer asked for some cooked steak strips they serve hot in a bag ready to eat (we do not sell these). I said I'd take a look out the back and see if there were any coming out. I went out the back and they weren't cooking anything, but I found some kind of flavoured gum or I said my gum was the flavour of steak and offered him some to eat with other food to get the flavour.
I looked over and Madonna was on the shop-floor going through some green trays of stock. I offered to just double check whether we had any uncooked steak to give to the guy. I went back through the tunnel out the back and found some steaks. As I left the fridge, Madonna came through the tunnel, I turned around and she was going in the fridge. I said over my shoulder 'Hey Madge'. I couldn't think of anything else, I was rushed as she was disappearing into the fridge. I wasn't sure if she heard me so I waited a second and she leaned her head back out of the door flaps and winked at me.
I gave the customer the steak and went back to the chiller. Madonna was going through more green trays out the back. I guess it was tour stock but I'm not sure why she came into the fridge. I guess her stuff got mixed up with my stuff because there was meat and headphones and wires and stuff all tangled up together. I said 'this is so gross', and she was like 'it really is.' And I spoke to her about wanting to be vegetarian and how I'm getting better at it. 'Look at all this gross meat' I said. There was meat and blood everywhere in the trays. I told her 'I would not eat any of this..unless it was steaming hot on a plate in a restaurant!'. She agreed and we both laughed.