1.6.12

Jubilee Dance

I was in Nottingham on the day the Queen would pass through celebrating her Diamond Jubilee. When she passed by the theatre/tramlines I was rushing down to the Market Square but then the Queen's car came along and I had to freeze on the spot. I was really wobbling because I had my feet/legs really twisted, I was worried that she would see me losing my balance. Then when the car had gone past I rushed down to the Market Square.

I wanted some flowers or something in my hand in case she came near me and I could be on of those people who give her flowers. Kids had flowers and someone even had what looked like a tree branch. I was trying to sneak into a small line of people who were going to give her something when I noticed I was accidentally involved in a dance for the queen with about 10 schoolchildren. We were dancing around in a synchronised swimming style dance and I was hoping it wasn't obvious I was not a part of it. I knew it would be on tv to all my friends and I was trying to make sure nobody would notice I was not a school child and didn't know the dance.