14.6.12

Lucian Freud Water Ride

I was about to watch the Drums perform in a tiny rehearsal room when all of a sudden I was in a theme park with my Aunt Sue and cousin Antwon.

We had to choose a float for the water ride, there were cars and other things you could take to go around the ride in. I thought my Aunt was getting one for me and my cousin but we turned around and only she was in one.

My cousin was having difficulty swimming as my Aunt got further ahead in the water ride. I could see my cousin holding on to the side as the water rushed past. I swam over to him and we could see the next part of the ride the water was going up hill. Our heads went under water and we could see a tunnel and he said he was going to go through and that his Mum had said she would tell him when he could go back to the surface again. He went first and when I went under he had gone.

I swam through the tunnel when I realised, -lit only by the faint daylight at the beginning of the tunnel- that there were lines of obese women stood along both sides of the tunnel, all naked with their eyes closed. They seemed dead but I wasn't spooked by them. I thought they were people doing that as part of the ride, just enjoying the current of the water rush past them.

They looked like that Lucian Freud painting of the obese lady. Maybe he did more than one, I'm not sure.

After I had gotten out of the water. I seemed to be stood back in the band rehearsal room. It was dark with the same faint, watery, dark daylight as in the tunnel. I looked up and saw Colin Firth's character, George, from A Single Man. He was stood staring ahead deep in thought. His suit was as it was in the film, but his shirt collar was a shiny mirrorball style mosaic.

Unfortunately my alarm went off at this point so I'll never know if I spoke to George. Unless we meet again sometime.